Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Burt's Bees Sun Protecting Lip Balm

I received this a while ago when Burt's Bees had a promotion that if you signed up to their mailing list you got a free lip balm.  I wasn't that impressed to begin with as it had an odd grainy texture (similar to the Nivea Light Kiss balm I referred to previously).  I also had a bit of an accident which resulted in the end becoming all smooshed.

It did feel quite moisturing though and it is nicely scented (passionfruit!! yummy!!) so I decided to see if I could fix the grainy texture by remelting it.  It seems to have worked.  Obviously as this balm is in tube form, you need a suitable container to melt it in.  I just washed out the empty pot from the Nivea balm I have just finished.

Hmm, not sure why this is sideways....
It is only SPF 8 though, so I will probably switch to something with a higher SPF in Summer.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, I didn't really like the grainy texture but I found it was a really good exfoliator.

    I used mine at night so when I'd wake up in the morning my lips would be silky smooth.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment.