Sunday, November 14, 2010

Cupcakes + Outfit

Today, I was meant to be first aid volunteering at a local town festival, but that was cancelled due to bad weather so I had a free day.  I ventured back over to Westfield Doncaster with my mum to try our luck again in finding her a dress.  We browsed in Myer for ages and had a look in a few other places and couldn't really find anything.

We did bump into a good friend from high school and her mum who were out shopping as well.  We were best friends in primary school and early high school but have kind of drifted apart since starting uni so it was nice to catch up with her.

I also purchased some cupcakes for afternoon tea from Joy Cupcakes.

Clockwise from bottom left: Quince, Rosewater & Pistachio, Lavender & Honey
The Lavender and Honey one was probably my favourite.  Quince is one of my all time favourite foods, but the quince one was honestly a bit of a let down.  The cake part was just a normal chocolate cupcake and I think the icing was just some kind of buttercream with a bit of quince paste added to it.  I thought a quince cupcake would be awesome, but this cupcake was pretty ordinary.  The Rosewater cupcake was also quite good.

It was pretty cold today so I decided to wear a scarf:

This scarf was from Dotti.  It is one of those square scarves that you fold into a triangle.  Black cardi is from Quick Brown Fox (courtesy of sister's wardrobe) and underneath is a plain black tshirt.

I wore my Etsy bracelet again.  I couldn't get a decent picture of it on (it's really hard to photograph your own wrist), so here is a picture of it sitting on my desk, haha!

Simple, but nice!
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment.